What’s the one thing that gamers everywhere wait for…..a new release expansion for the games they love to play. Well, if you haven’t heard, Blizzard Entertainment just announced plans for an upcoming expansion pack release: Wrath Of The Lich King.
For those players that are newer to the game, Wrath of the Lich King will be a little out of reach for you, but don’t sweat it, you will eventually reach it. And trust me, from all the reviews/previews I’ve been reading, it will be well worth the wait.
For those of you not familiar with the Lich King, here’s a quick explanation:
This expansion will be taking place in the realm of Northrend, which is currently unavailable. The Lich King came to be when Arthas Menethil combined with the spirit of Ner’zhul, and became one of the most powerful being in the World of Warcraft realm.
There are some great new features coming with the release such as:
- Current level cap is 70, with the release, it will be 80
- A new hero class – Death Knight
- Northrend realm opened up for exploration
- A new profession – Inscription (used for enhancing spells)
- Siege weapons and destructible buildings (you know everyone has been waiting for this one)
- Expanded character customization
- New, more challenging dungeons
The announcement about the new expansion pack was made at the 2007 BlizzCon Festival, although I have not seen an actual release date yet, but stayed tuned as it should come quickly. This should be a very interesting release, and I cannot wait to see it. How about you?